The instructions should work on most recent Linux distributions. It has been confirmed to work on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and a few other versions.
- Select the Network Manager tool from the wireless icon at the top of the screen. Alternatively, open a shell window (terminal mode) and run the
- Click on the Wireless tab. Enter the name of the SSID as UNR-WPA. All other settings should match the screen below:
- Click on the Wireless Security tab. Enter the information as shown in the image below, but substitute your personal NetID and password in the Username and Password boxes.
- Click on the IPv4 Settings tab. Ensure that you have the Automatic (DHCP) Method selected.
- Click on Save...
- A certificate warning message will appear. Click on Ignore.
Linux Wireless Troubleshooting
If you are unable to connect to the wireless signal using the instructions above, then repeat step 3: change the PEAP version to Version 0 or Version 1.
If you continue to have issues, please review our Wireless Troubleshooting tips.