Remote Desktop (rds.unr.edu)
The UNR Remote Desktop service allows faculty and staff to access many University network resources from home. Authentication requires an activated and valid NetID username and password.
Contact the Help Desk to request Remote Desktop access for your account.
Note: Access to the Terminal Server is limited and granted on a per-user basis.
After your NetID account has been approved for access to the TS server, follow the instructions below to connect:
- Select your operating system:
- Windows 7: The Remote Desktop Connection is already installed. Go to
Start/All Programs/Remote Desktop Connection
- Windows XP: The Remote Desktop Connection is already installed. Go to
Start/All Programs/Accessories/Communications/Remote Desktop Connection
- Mac OS X: The Apple Remote Desktop Client is installed automatically on the latest versions of OS X. Alternatively, it can be manually downloaded and installed.
- Using whichever client you wish to use to connect, enter the remote server as rds.unr.edu and click on Connect.
- After the connection has been established, you will need to enter your NetID and password.
- You will then see a desktop similar to that of your office computer. This system should also map any local printers, and altering some settings will allow you to access files on your local computer as well.
Software on the Remote Desktop Server
After logging in, the following software is available for use:
- AnzioWin 15
- Continuity Spectrum
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Office 2010 (including Outlook)
The remote server will also automatically map your personal drive on the UNRNAS if you have one.