Connecting to Department Site with Filezilla
FileZilla is a free, feature-rich, cross-platform graphical FTP (File Transfer Protocol), FTPS and SFTP client supporting Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and more. If you prefer to use some other FTP client, it must support SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol).
Connecting to Department Site
- With Filezilla open, open the Site Manager by clicking on the computer icon in the top-left corner.
- A window will appear. Click on New Site.
- An entry labeled New Site will be created, this can be renamed to something more memorable, such as the name of your department.
- Under the General tab in the site details, enter the following:
- Under the Advanced tab change the Default remote directory to /department (where "department" is the part of your website address after unr.edu).
- Clicking on Connect will now connect you to your department's website files. If this is your first time connecting, this directory will be empty.