UNRNAS: Mac Access
It is possible to access the UNRNAS from any Mac connected to the University network via ethernet cable, wireless, or remote access.
- In Finder, click on Go from the horizontal menu at the top and select Connect to Server. Alternatively, press Command + K on your keyboard.
- In the window that appears, enter the Server Address in the format
smb://unrnas.unr.edu/path/to/folder. Please note the direction of the slashes ("/") - they are the other way around from accessing the NAS with a PC.
- To save you from having to type the full network path each time you want to connect, click on the + sign next to the server address to add it as a Favorite Server.
- Click Connect.
- Your Mac will then attempt to connect to the NAS share.
- You may be prompted for you NetID:
- Connect As: Registered User
- Name: Your fully-qualified NetID (e.g. UNR\NetID)
- Password: Your NetID password
- If you don't want to enter in your NetID each time you connect, check the Remember this password in my keychain option.
- If the connection is successful, Finder will open your files.
Important Notice for Connecting to smb://wolf.unr.edu/...
When connecting to the "Wolf" server, enter the server address as