Pages in Sharepoint are simple blank spaces that can be used to present text and images.
Creating a Page
- From the Site Actions menu, select More Options...
- In the "Create" window that should appear, Filter By "Page" and then select the Page option.
- In the right-hand column, enter in a name for your page and click on Create.
- You may receive a warning about needing a "Wiki Page Library" and "Site Assets Library". Click on Create.
- You should then be taken to your new, blank, page.
Editing a Page
To edit a page, you must first find the page in your library. There should be option labeled Site Pages, on the left-hand menu, that will take you to a listing of all your available pages. Once you can see the page on your screen, you will be able to edit it.
- From the Page tab (at the top) click on the Edit button.
- You should now be able to edit the page using tools similar to that of Microsoft Word. To place an image, click on the Insert tab at the top of the screen, and then click on Picture.
- To finish editing, click on the Save & Close button under the Format Text tab.