Lists are configurable tables that can be used to present data in an easy-to-read format. They can be used to store contact information, inventory items, or anything for which you may normally use a spreadsheet.
Creating a List
- From the Site Actions menu select More Options...
- The "Create" Window will apear. From the Filter By options, select List.
- A number of options will appear - many of these are pre-made lists. However, for this example, we will click on Custom List.
- Name the list and click on Create.
- You will then be taken to your list. You will now need to define the columns for the list.
- Click on Create Column from the List Tab at the top of the screen.
- A new window will appear. You will need to define the column name and type, and complete any additional settings. Once completed, click on OK.
- You will then see your column in the list view.
- Repeat the necessary steps to add all the columns you need.
- To change the order fo the column, click on Modify View just above "Create Column".
- You can then select the order you would like to view the columns. Once completed, click on OK at the bottom of the page.
Add Item To List
- To add an item to the list, first navigate to the list, and then click on Add new item located at the bottom of the list.
- A form will appear with all the fields associated with the list.
- When complete click on Save. Your new item will be appended to the list.