ownCloud (https://owncloud.unr.edu) is a file storage and sharing system for non-sensitive files. It's similar to DropBox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, or Box.net, and comes with these benefits:
- No sign-up required. If you have a NetID, you have an account.
- Secure sign-in using your NetID
- 10GB of space for each person
- All Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visiting Scholars have access
- Ability to share files to anyone, regardless of whether they have a NetID or not
- Free apps that can automatically sync your files from your computer to your ownCloud storage
Understanding the basics of ownCloud
It's possible to share files with people inside and outside the University.
These apps access ownCloud and sync files from your computer.
For more information and support, please contact IT Support.