DreamSpark is a service offered by Microsoft allowing students to download premium Microsoft software titles for no charge. To download the software, it is necessary to create a DreamSpark account, and verify that you are affiliated with the University of Nevada, Reno.
Creating a DreamSpark account
- Go to the Dreamspark Student portal.
- At the bottom of the screen are instructions for creating an account. Click on Create Account.
- Log in with an existing Microsoft account (such as your Xbox Live or Outlook account), or click on Sign Up Now to create a new Microsoft account and then log in with the new credentials.
- Enter in a username (email address) and password. You do not need to use a Microsoft-affiliated email address, any email will do. Additionally, the password must be at least 6 characters long and contain at least one special character (e.g. !@#$%). When completed, click on continue to verify.
- You will then be asked how you would like to verify your student affiliation. Select I have a school email address. Enter in your @nevada.unr.edu email address and then click on Verify.
- An email will be sent to your account. Click on the link within the message to activate your access to Dreamspark.
If you activate successfully, you will see a "Congratulations" message letting you know that your account had been set up correctly.You will now be able to log into the DreamSpark site with your Microsoft credentials and download all the available software titles.