Unified Messaging provides comprehensive voicemail access through the telephone and via e-mail. Eventually, this will be the voicemail system for everyone at the University.
Instructions for setting up your voicemail for the first time
Hearing your messages from on and off campus.
How to obtain a new PIN.
Print this double-sided booklet for easy access to information on using Unified Messaging.
People with an @unr.edu e-mail address, managed by the University IT Department, will receive a fully integrated voicemail/e-mail environment.
- Transcribed voicemails, with an attached audio file, will appear in your inbox.
- You can listen to your e-mails and calendar appointments via the telephone access number.
Unified Messaging can recognize simple voice commands (highlighted in bold below). Alternatively, press 1 then 0 to use the touchtone system.
- To listen to your Voicemail messages, press 1
- To listen to your E-mail messages, press 2
- To listen to your Calendar options, press 3
- To find a Personal Contacts, press 4
- To create a voicemail message, press 5
- To change your Personal Options, press 6
- To turn on your Out of Office Telephone Greeting that lets callers know you are away, press 1
- To change your PIN, press 3
To return to the main menu at any time, press *.
The full range of menu items, with voice and touchtone commands, can be found on this guide.