Transfer an Existing Phone
To transfer the ownership of an Office phone please contact IT Support. Please have the following information ready:
- The name and number of someone in your department that can authorize this transfer (such as your supervisor).
- The extension number of the phone
- The name of the previous user (if known)
- The full name of the new user
- The NetID of the new user
- The Department and location for the new phone
- Whether you also need a voicemail account and long distance access code for this phone.
There is no charge for this service. However, a new Long Distance Access Code will require an IPO.
Please tell us if the phone is to move location. To keep our 911 records accurate, the IT department must be informed of all phone moves throughout the University. This information is then given to the police in case of an emergency.