Subject Line Rule Example
This example shows how to create an inbox rule based on the subject line of incoming messages. The example rule looks for any messages with "Newsletter" in the subject line and automatically moves the messages to a folder called "Newsletters".
- Navigate to Outlook Web Access at https://owa.unr.edu
- Log in with your NetID and password.
- In the top-right of the window, click the Options button.
- Click Create an Inbox Rule...
The Inbox Rules screen appears.
- To begin creating a new rule, click New...
A New Inbox Rule screen appears.
- Click the dropdown arrow for the "* When the message arrives, and:" dropdown menu and select It includes these words in the subject...
- When the Specify Words or Phrases dialog box appears, type the word or phrase you want the rule to apply to. In this example, type "newsletter" and "new letter". Rules aren't sensitive to the case (upper or lower) of text, but they are sensitive to spaces in text. Click Add (the green plus sign) for each word or phrase you wish to add.
- Click OK.
- Click the dropdown arrow for "Do the following:" and select Move the message to folder...
- When the "Select Folder" dialog box appears, either select or create new folder.
- To create a new folder, click New Folder
- Type the name of the new folder. In this example, name the folder "Newsletter".
- Click OK.
- Click Save to save the inbox rule.
This example rule automatically moves any incoming messages with "Newsletter" in the subject line to a folder called "Newsletter".