Sender Rule Example
This example shows how to create an inbox rule based on the sender of incoming messages. The example rule looks for any messages sent from a specific sender and automatically deletes the message.
- Navigate to Outlook Web Access at https://owa.unr.edu
- Log in with your NetID and password.
- In the top-right of the window, click the Options button.
- Click Create an Inbox Rule...
The Inbox Rules screen appears.
- To begin creating a new rule, click New...
A New Inbox Rule screen appears.
- Click the dropdown arrow for the "* When the message arrives, and:" dropdown menu and select It was received from...
- When the Address Book dialog box appears, select the sender you would like to apply the rule to, or manually type an e-mail address in the "From" section at the bottom.
- Click OK.
- Click the dropdown arrow for "Do the following:" and select Delete the message...
- Click Save to save the inbox rule.
This example rule automatically deletes any message from a specific sender.