Send from a Public Folder: OWA
Public Folders do not allow you to send from their e-mail address by default. Therefore, you must make sure that setting is requested before you can send from the alternative e-mail address. Please contact IT Support for more information.
- After logging into OWA, create a new message.
- In the new window that appears, click on Options... from the menu at the top.
- Check the box to Show From and then click OK.
- A new section will appear at the top of the new message. Click on the small arrow to the right of From.
- From the menu that appears, click on Other e-mail address...
- A new window will appear. Search for your alternative e-mail address, and then click on it from the list of available options.
- At the bottom of the window, click on the From button to change the selection from your personal e-mail address to the Public Folder's address.
Click on OK.If you do not have permission to send from this e-mail address, you will still be able to select it. However, when you try to send the e-mail, you will receive the message "You don't have the permissions required to send messages from this mailbox".
- The alternative e-mail address will then be placed into the From field, and the From menu will have the alternative e-mail address available for any future e-mail you may want to create.