Send from a Public Folder: Outlook 2010
Public Folders do not allow you to send from their e-mail address by default. Therefore, you must make sure that setting is requested before you can send from the alternative e-mail address. Please contact IT Support for more information.
- With Outlook open, create a new e-mail message.
- From the menu at the top, select the Options tab and then click on From within the "Show Fields" section.
- A new section will appear in your e-mail message. Click on the From button next to where your personal e-mail address is displayed.
- From the menu that appears, click on Other E-mail Address.
A small window will appear. Click the From... button.You may be tempted to manually enter in the new "From" e-mail address into this section. You will receive an error message explaining that you don't have permissions to send from this account. You must select the alternative e-mail address from the address book.
- The address book will appear. Find and select your alternative e-mail address, and then click on OK.
- Click on OK in the small window.
- The alternative e-mail address will then appear in the From section. Additionally, the menu below the From button will have the alternative e-mail address for any future mailing.