Setting an Out-of-Office Reply
If you are going to be out of the office for an extended period of time (a full day or more), you can set up your e-mail account to send automatic replies to notify senders of your absence. This guide gives instructions for setting up automatic replies using the Outlook Web Access client (owa.unr.edu). Please also see our blog article on composing a secure Out-of-Office message.
- Log into the Outlook Web app using your NetID and password.
- In the Mail tab, click Options in the top-right corner.
- Click Set Automatic Replies...
- Select Send Automatic Replies
- Compose a message for senders inside your organization (those who have e-mailed you from an @unr.edu e-mail address).
- You can also set a time period during which automatic replies will be sent.
- Additionally, you can compose a message for senders outside your organization (those senders whose e-mail is not an @unr.edu address).
- Click Save.