Even if your Mac is connected to the University network, Outlook will need to be manually set up to access your e-mail. These instructions apply to Outlook 2011 - other versions of Outlook for Mac should have a similar approach to connecting to your University e-mail.
- With Outlook 2011 open, click on Tools and then Accounts... to connect to a new account.
- A new window will appear, from the options select Exchange Account by clicking on the orange button.
- You will then be asked to enter in your account credentials:
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (your University e-mail address)
- Method: User Name and Password
- User name: Your fully-qualified NetID (UNR\netid)
- Password: Your NetID password
- Check the Configure automatically option
- The system may take a while to detect all of the necessary settings.
- Once completed, you will be presented with the account configuration.Outlook should start to retrieve all of you e-mails. Depending on how large your mailbox is, this process can take a while to fully complete.