Follow these instructions to setup an iPhone to access your University e-mail account. These instructions apply to a phone that has never had an Exchange account configured before. The phone must be running iPhone firmware v 2.0 or later.
- From the home screen, tap Settings, then Mail, contact, calendars then Add Account.
- Tap the option for Microsoft Exchange.
- At the configuration page, enter in the following:
- Email: Your University e-mail address (email@example.com)
- Password: Your NetID password
- Description: This can be whatever you would like to help you identify this account
- If the phone doesn't automatically detect the settings, enter the server as owa.unr.edu
- If all the settings have been entered correctly, you can select the items you want to sync to your phone on the next screen.
- Tap Save to initiate the sync.
Modifying What and How Much to Sync
To save on space, your iPhone will only sync certain folders, and will only keep a certain duration of items. These settings can be modified:
- From the home screen, tap Settings, then Mail, contact, calendars then click on your University E-mail account (the name of this account may differ from the screenshot below).
- Near the bottom of the screen are the options to change the duration of items to sync, and the folders to monitor.