Archive E-mail: Outlook 2011
Unlike the PC version, Outlook for Mac does not have a built in archiving feature. However, it is possible to write a rule for your mailbox that moves e-mail of a set age to your local computer.
View Local Folders in Outlook
Adjust the setting that allows you to view the "On My Computer" folder in Outlook.
- From the menu bar, click on Outlook and then Preferences..
- Click on the General button.
- Uncheck the box labeled Hide On My Computer Folders.
- Close the preferences window.
- In the folder list on the left, under Inbox, you should now see you University mail and another section called "On My Computer".
Create Folder for Archived Mail
- Right-click (or press "ctrl" on your keyboard and click) on On My Computer. Choose New Folder from the menu.
- Give your folder a logical name, such as "E-mail Archive".
Create Archiving Rule
- From the menu bar, click on Tools and then Rules.
- Highlight Exchange from the sidebar, and click on the + icon to add a rule.
- Name the rule something logical like "180 Day Archive".
- In the section marked "If", change the condition to Date received and is greater than or equal to and 180 (days old).
- Click on Add Criterion and change the new condition to Account and Is and [The Name of Your University Inbox] (in this example, it is "Unr (Harry Potter)".
- In the section marked "Then", click on Remove Action to remove the default steps, and then Add Action to add an action with Move message in the first box and then click on Choose Folder... in the second box. Select the "E-mail Archive" folder from under "On My Computer" (or whatever you called the folder in step 7).
- Ensure the Enabled check box is checked.
- Click on OK.
- Close the Rules window.
Run the Rule
This method is not automatic. You will need to manually run the rule whenever you want to archive your e-mail. Do so by selecting your University inbox, clicking on Message from the menu bar and selecting Rules and then 180 Day Archive (or whatever you named the rule).
This process can take a while to complete depending upon how many e-mails it needs to archive.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact IT Support.