Fee-Based Service Support
Information Technology must charge a fee for the following services:
- Providing refurbished equipment
- Refurbishing existing equipment
- Parts for computer upgrades or modifications
- Surplus equipment, which is obtained from Surplus Property and brought in for repairs, are charged for parts and labor.
- Some emergency repair, standard resale items, such as an interface cable, video adapters, mouse, or hard drives.
- Operating System reloads requested on properly functioning computers. This includes computers purchase by departments with a "home" operating system as they cannot bind to UNR's network and domain. Consult with IT Support before you purchase.
Charges and Accounting Procedures
When a service is billable, the Support Center charges on a fee-per-service basis.
- Charges reflect the time and materials spent for the completion of that work, which may vary from the original estimate.
- Before work can begin, payment must be received in the form of an Internal Purchase Order (IPO), signed with an account number.
- We accept a faxed copy of the IPO to begin work (FAX: (775) 784-4502), but the signed original must be sent to Mail Stop 0187 immediately.
- We DO NOT accept departmental purchasing cards
Please contact IT Support to initiate the work order before sending the IPO. The work order number must be referenced on the IPO.