These standards apply to all web pages that represent the University with the exception of the official athletics website, www.nevadawolfpack.com, and other sites as identified.
All pages should:
- Have an approved logo/wordmark visible without scrolling. The preferred placement of the logo is the upper left quadrant of the page. If the logo is not at the top, provide an identity bar that links to the University's home page.(See an example of an identity bar: www.unr.edu/engineering or unr.edu/education).
- Provide a link to the University home page either by linking the N logo to the University Home page or providing a Nevada Home link that points to www.unr.edu.
- Adhere to the University's published graphic standards as described in this manual: logo usage, color palette, etc.
- Provide complete contact information (or a link to contact information) on the homepage of the site. Contact information includes department name, address, physical location,phone number, fax number, email address, and,if appropriate, hours of operation.
- Provide an "Apply" link (www.unr.edu/apply)in the page footer of all student- and academic related pages.
- Provide a "Copyright Notice" link that links to http://www.unr.edu/content/copyright.asp.
- Provide a link to the Privacy Statement on all secure pages that collect personally identifiable information and link to http://www.unr.edu/content/privacy.asp.
- Provide a clear mechanism for recipients to unsubscribe for pages/sites with associated email newsletters.
- Have a unique, descriptive title in the copy and in the tag of each web page to facilitate better search results via the University's search engine.
- When possible, use and link to existing information sites and utilities instead of recreating: e.g., map, news, events.