Brazil Scientific Mobility Program
Brazil Scientific Mobility Program
The University of Nevada, Reno is honored to host students through the Brazil Scientific Mobility Program.
Intensive English Language Center
Our Intensive English Program will help prepare students for academic studies in the United States. Students will focus on academic skills, with classes in: Reading/Writing, Listening/Speaking, and Integrated Skills (mini courses in a variety of content areas.) Our classes are small with 12-15 students per class, so you really get to know your instructor. All of our instructors are highly qualified with a Master's or Ph.D. in their field. We offer six levels of instruction with classes are twenty hours a week.
Orientation and Social Activities
Students will be welcomed with free airport pickup from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport. We offer a comprehensive two-day orientation to help students settle into the United States and university life. Orientation includes: a campus tour, English placement testing, a shopping trip, opportunity to get internet access and a Wolfcard (student ID cost $10), post office trip, banking information, academic information, safety and counseling information and so much more. Students will learn about the culture and socialize with weekly activities every Friday. Activities may include: Lake Tahoe beach party, Virginia City trip, visiting a local zoo, museums, dancing and holiday parties.
Housing and University Life
- Nine on-campus residential halls and meal plans available. Learn more about on-campus dormitories and meal plans
- Fully equipped recreation center with rock climbing wall and Olympic size pool
- Student Health Center and pharmacy
- Art galleries, theaters, concerts and special lectures
- 300 student clubs and organizations including an active International Club
Academics at the University of Nevada, Reno
- National Ranked Tier 1 University as reported by U.S. News and World Report
- One of the largest earthquake-simulation labs
- University faculty who are nationally known as experts in seismology, geology, geodesy and civil engineering
- UNR hosted the first national geothermal academy to bring together the nation's top geothermal schools
- Nevada's research programs in agriculture, environmental sciences, physics and biology are ranted in the top 100 of the National Science Foundations "Best Programs"
- Nevada's chemistry department was ranked second among departments its size by the National Research Council
- 300 days of sunshine and four distinct seasons
- Limitless year-round recreation: skiing, boating, mountain biking, hiking, golf and much more
- World-class skiing only 30 minutes from campus
- Spectacular mountain views
- Safe small city with big city events and attractions
How do I apply for housing?
Please visit Residential Life & Housing for more information on dormitories and meal plans. To apply for housing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you are a BSMP student. After applying for housing, please print out your original housing form and bring it with you when you check into the dorms.
Meningitis Vaccination: Vaccination for meningitis is mandatory if the student is 22 years old or younger and is going to be living in the residence halls. The vaccination must have been received within the last five years. You will not be permitted to check into the dorms without this vaccination.
What immunizations and health screenings do I need prior to arriving?
Immunization and Health Screening Forms MUST be returned to the IELC office one month before you arrive in Reno. If you arrive in Reno without these items it may delay your enrollment in classes. In addition, it will be your responsibility to arrange a health screening on your own and you will not be allowed to participate in orientation. This will result in a late Orienation/Testing fee of $150.
What if I don't receive my DS2019?
The DS2019 is issued through IIE. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact IIE directly.
How do I arrange an airport pickup?
Requests for an airport pick-up must be submitted to ESL@unr.edu at least two week before you arrive.