IELC staff and faculty are dedicated to making sure that you have a rewarding and exciting experience while you are studying with us. Students are able to meet the majority of their needs right on campus.
- Free Airport Pick-up
- Organized Social Activities
- Escort Services
- Student Health Center
- Student Insurance
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Buy or sell a used car and/or a used book
- Student Employment
- Computer Help Desk
- Writing Center Testing
- University Library System
- Joe Crowley Student Union
- Lombardi Recreation
- Counseling Service
- Bridge Test
- Speak Test
Admission without English Proficiency
You may enter Nevada universities at the undergraduate level without English proficiency test score (TOEFL, IELTS, PEARSON) after completing the IELC program.
If you are already academically qualified for university admission (undergraduate) but you do not have the required English proficiency score, you may receive conditional admission to your university program. Your admission documents will state that you will begin academic coursework after completion of the English requirement.
Enrollment in Academic Classes
If you are in the advanced level of the program you may enroll in one academic class at the University while studying full-time English.
Reasons to choose IELC
- Full-time English program; 20 class hours per week
- Six levels of instruction: beginning to graduate (please see our proficiency scale)
- Academic skills emphasized
- 5,8,10 and 16 week programs
- Conditional admission to Nevada universities
- Undergraduate university admission without TOEFL
- Experienced teaching staff, all with MA or Ph.D.
- TOEFL workshops
- Certificate of Completion for each level of instruction
- Orientation and academic advisement
- Member of the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP)
- Special activities and trips: visit local sites, Reno Rodeo, beach party, hiking, skiing and more...
- Informal, student-lead roundtable discussions held on a weekly basis with Dr. Shernaaz Webster.