Apply to the Intensive English Language Center
If you wish to study English as a Second Language at the University of Nevada, Reno you must meet the following admission criteria and complete the steps below:
Apply for Conditional Admission
Conditional Admission to the University of Nevada, Reno means that the academically qualified student will be admitted to the University at the undergraduate level after they successfully complete the IELC program and receive a recommendation from us OR achieve the required test score. Students do not need to apply for Conditional Admission to attend the Intensive English Language Center.
If you wish to apply for Conditional Admission to the University of Nevada, Reno please follow the steps below:
· Complete the International Student Application
· Enclose $145 (non-refundable) application fee (IELC & Conditional) Please make checks payable to "Board of Regents" or you may pay by credit card using the credit card authorization form
· Official transcripts in an envelope sealed closed by the school, containing a proper signature, date and the institutional seal must be mailed directly from the school or college issuing the transcripts. Please provide official high school (secondary school) transcripts showing all years attended and graduation or equivalent, and college or university transcripts from all institutions if attended. These transcripts are required whether or not credits will be transferred. Transcripts in any language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation containing the proper signatures, dates, and institutional seals to be official.
· Financial Data Form accompanied by a bank statement showing a minimum of $33,600* for Fall 2013/Spring 2014 semesters. Original financial documents must be dated within the previous 12 months of application submission and may come from any dependable source, including scholarship, personal funds, or funds from the student's family. Financial documentation should be on bank letterhead. (*This amount is subject to change without notice.)
· Please include a copy of the biographical page of the your passport. If it is not available, please explain why.