State of Nevada Mandatory Supervisory Training
The State of Nevada requires supervisors of classified employees to undergo supervisory training in core areas every three years. The core areas are:
- Alcohol and Drug Testing Procedures
- Evaluating Employee Performance
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Handling Grievances
- Interviewing and Hiring, and
- Progressive Disciplinary Procedures
- Work Performance Standards
The State of Nevada also offers additional supervisory courses through the Office of Employee Development.
Courses through the Division of Human Resources Management
- Visit http://nvelearn.nv.gov
- Log in using your NV APPS I.D. If you do not have one, select Log-in Instructions under Main Menu for directions.
- Browse the Course Catalog under Main Menu, select Supervisor Training
- Select the course of interest by clicking the course name and clicking the Enroll Me button at the bottom of the course page.
- Once you successfully complete the course, it is your responsibility to provide your certificate of completion to your campus HR or training office to receive credit.