State of Nevada Mandatory Supervisory Training
The State of Nevada requires supervisors of classified employees to undergo supervisory training in core areas every three years. The core areas are:
- Alcohol and Drug Testing Procedures
- Evaluating Employee Performance
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Handling Grievances
- Interviewing and Hiring, and
- Progressive Disciplinary Procedures
Courses are offered through the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension (UNCE) and the Division of Human Resources Management as outlined below. The State of Nevada also offers additional supervisory courses through the Office of Employee Development.
Courses through UNCE
- Visit http://campus.extension.org
- Click "Organizational Training." ; select Nevada under Sub-Categories
- Click on the course you wish to take. You will be asked to establish an account with extension.org.
- After you establish your account, you may take any course listed above. You will be asked for an "enrollment key" (a one-time password) by campus: they are GBC, NSHE, TMCC, UNR, and WNC
- On a quarterly basis, your campus Human Resources office will receive notification that you have completed the course. You are not required to submit your certification of completion.
Courses through the Division of Human Resources Management
- Visit http://nvelearn.nv.gov
- Log in using your NV APPS I.D. If you do not have one, select Log-in Instructions under Main Menu for directions.
- Browse the Course Catalog under Main Menu, select Supervisor Training
- Select the course of interest by clicking the course name and clicking the Enroll Me button at the bottom of the course page.
- Once you successfully complete the course, it is your responsibility to provide your certificate of completion to your campus HR or training office to receive credit.