Faculty Search and Recruitment
For an introduction to the search process at the University of Nevada, Reno, download and read the Recruitment Manual. The manual discusses how to start the recruitment process, create a search waiver and then details the candidate evaluation and interviewing process.
- If you are a new search coordinator or search chair, visit the e-SEARCH training page to register for training.
- The University of Nevada, Reno has a web-based application and search approval system called e-SEARCH to recruit new academic and administrative faculty. Visit the e-SEARCH website here.
- If an Administrative Faculty position description is vacant and currently over three years old, the PDQ must be updated before a search is initiated.
- If you are responsible for a new hire, visit the HR Liaison page for offer letter templates, salary-setting guidelines, and new hire packets.
- The Reference Authorization form is here.
Documents and Guides for Recruitment of Academic and Administrative Faculty:
Professional and Faculty Search
Additional Advertising Resources [DOC]
Links to websites for advertising open job positions.
Brief Ad Format [DOCX]
This is the format used for print advertising of a job position.
- Diversity Outreach/Advertising Resources [DOC]
EEO/AA Statement for Ad and Announcement Copy [DOC]
One of the two statements included within this document is required to be on all job ad and announcement copy.
- Help Placing Advertisements [PDF]
HSI and HBCU Institution Addresses for Outreach [DOC]
Hispanic-Serving Institutions and Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Survey of Earned Doctorates [DOC]
Availability % by academic discipline.
- Where Does HR Post? [PDF]
e-SEARCH Navigation Basics [PDF]
How to navigate e-SEARCH and find your requisitions.
e-SEARCH System Workflow [PDF]
Approval and routing process for a search.
Guest User Login Instructions [PDF]
e-SEARCH login instructions for committee members.
- How to Complete the Request to Offer [PDF]
How to Disperse Applicants [PDF]
Instructions for moving applicants to the inactive pool.
How to Request Interview Approval from HR [PDF]
Steps to selecting and getting candidates approved for interviews.
How to Submit a Request to Offer [PDF]
Selecting the final candidate and routing the Request to Offer form for approval.
How to Upload PDFs [PDF]
Uploading required search documents into your requisition.
Pre-employment Certification Form [PDF]
Signed application of final candidate and submitted with new hire paper work.
- Training Website [WEB]
- Offer Letter Process Flowchart [PDF]
Offer Letter Templates and Attachments (Sharepoint) [WEB]
Log in to Sharepoint with your NetID and password to access the faculty offer letter templates and attachments, such as the Faculty Benefits Summary and Start-Up Cost Worksheet.
Diversity Advocacy Training [WEB]
To watch the video, participants should enter their email on the home page and then click the icon that says Video (MP4). There is a slight delay on the start of the video.
- Meeting Minutes Templates [DOC]
Rating Sheet Instructions [DOC]
Helpful information on creating a rating sheet.
Search Chair Training Powerpoint [DOC]
Does not substitute for training class.
Search Time Line Tool [DOC]
A tool to help with the progression of the hiring process from initial committee formation to final offer.
Rules and Policies
Recruitment Manual [DOC]
A comprehensive guide to the search process.
- Search Committee Responsibilities [DOC]
Search Flowchart [PDF]
Outlines all stages of search process.
Search Policies [DOC]
Fourteen rules for a successful search, including rules to abide by in the e-SEARCH process.