Faculty Search and Recruitment
email@example.com | (775) 682-6112
firstname.lastname@example.org | (775) 682-6122
For an introduction to the search process at the University of Nevada, Reno, download and read the Recruitment Manual. The manual discusses how to start the recruitment process, create a search waiver and then details the candidate evaluation and interviewing process.
- If you are a new search coordinator or search chair, visit the e-SEARCH training page to register for training.
- The University of Nevada, Reno has a web-based application and search approval system called e-SEARCH to recruit new academic and administrative faculty. Visit the e-SEARCH website here.
- If an Administrative Faculty position description is vacant and currently over three years old, the PDQ must be updated before a search is initiated. Learn more about the PDQ process.
- If you are responsible for a new hire, visit the HR Liaison page for offer letter templates, salary-setting guidelines, and new hire packets.
- The Reference Authorization form is here.
Documents and Guides for Recruitment of Academic and Administrative Faculty:
Professional and Faculty Search
Additional Advertising Resources [DOC]
Links to websites for advertising open job positions.
Brief Ad Format [DOCX]
This is the format used for print advertising of a job position.
- Diversity Outreach/Advertising Resources [DOC]
EEO/AA Statement for Ad and Announcement Copy [DOC]
One of the two statements included within this document is required to be on all job ad and announcement copy.
- Help Placing Advertisements [PDF]
HSI and HBCU Institution Addresses for Outreach [DOC]
Hispanic-Serving Institutions and Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Survey of Earned Doctorates [DOC]
Availability % by academic discipline.
- Where Does HR Post? [DOC]
e-SEARCH Navigation Basics [PDF]
How to navigate e-SEARCH and find your requisitions.
e-SEARCH System Workflow [PDF]
Approval and routing process for a search.
Guest User Login Instructions [PDF]
e-SEARCH login instructions for committee members.
- How to Complete the Request to Offer [PDF]
How to Disperse Applicants [PDF]
Instructions for moving applicants to the inactive pool.
How to Request Interview Approval from HR [PDF]
Steps to selecting and getting candidates approved for interviews.
How to Submit a Request to Offer [PDF]
Selecting the final candidate and routing the Request to Offer form for approval.
How to Upload PDFs [PDF]
Uploading required search documents into your requisition.
Pre-employment Certification Form [PDF]
Signed application of final candidate and submitted with new hire paper work.
- Training Website [WEB]
- Offer Letter Process Flowchart [PDF]
Offer Letter Templates and Attachments (Sharepoint) [WEB]
Log in to Sharepoint with your NetID and password to access the faculty offer letter templates and attachments, such as the Faculty Benefits Summary and Start-Up Cost Worksheet.
Diversity Advocacy Training [WEB]
To watch the video, participants should enter their email on the home page and then click the icon that says Video (MP4). There is a slight delay on the start of the video.
- Meeting Minutes Templates [DOC]
Rating Sheet Instructions [DOC]
Helpful information on creating a rating sheet.
Search Chair Training Powerpoint [DOC]
Does not substitute for training class.
Search Time Line Tool [DOC]
A tool to help with the progression of the hiring process from initial committee formation to final offer.
Rules and Policies
Recruitment Manual [DOC]
A comprehensive guide to the search process.
- Search Committee Responsibilities [DOC]
Search Flowchart [DOC]
Outlines all stages of search process.
Search Policies [DOC]
Fourteen rules for a successful search, including rules to abide by in the e-SEARCH process.