Employee Self-Service (ESS)
University of Nevada, Reno employees use the Employee Self-Service (ESS) system to receive paycheck advice notices, edit personal and office information and see tax and employment information. You can also download your W-4 tax form from ESS.
Dear ESS Customers,
There is an ESS issue with Mac and the new Adobe 11.0 release which may cause difficulty when trying to view paycheck advices when using the Firefox browser on a Mac computer. The new release of Adobe reader will display an error message when trying to view documents in ESS. This is an industry wide Adobe Reader issue and only affects Mac users with Firefox as their browser. This workaround has been created to help navigate under these circumstances:
When the Adobe error message appears click OK
- Choose Tools from the browser menu bar
- Choose Add-ons
- Choose Plugins (tab at the left)
- Click 'Disable' next to "Adobe Acrobat NPAPI Plugin"
- Close the Add-ons Manager folder
- Log out of ESS and retry
Use ESS to update your:
- Office Information (work phone number, work fax number, cell phone number, mail stop, location)
- Personal Information (home address, home phone number, emergency contact information, PIN)
- Paycheck advice notices (paper or electronic through ESS)
- Automatic payroll deductions
You can also view your:
- Job and employment information
- W-4 Tax Information
The data source for this directory is the Human Resources Management System (HRMS). Below are instructions on how you can make changes to the data. Once you modify the information in the HRMS system, it will be reflected in this directory the next business day.
Note: New employees are automatically added to the directory as soon as the appropriate paperwork is processed by the Payroll and Human Resources Departments. This directory includes people employed as academic and administrative faculty, classified staff, graduate assistant, letter of appointment, post doctoral fellow, executive or long term volunteer at the University of Nevada, Reno, NSHE and NCJFCJ. Persons not paid by NSHE but are affiliated with the university may contact the Worker's Compensation department at 784-4394 to appear in this directory.
EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE (ESS) - Go to the Update Menu in the ESS system if you want to modify information other than Name, Department or Title. If you need assistance with ESS (i.e., you forgot your pin number), please call (775) 784-6082.
Changing Your Name
If you are changing your name, please provide the following to your Human Resources office: a copy of your new social security card, an original W-4 form, your benefits enrollment form, and notification forms for any retirement membership enrollment change you make.
Changing Your Department or Title
If you are changing your department or title, contact your Human Resources office.
- University of Nevada, Reno Human Resources (faculty and postdoctoral fellows): (775) 784-6082
- BCN Human Resources (classified staff & volunteers): (775) 784-6844
- Student Employment: (775) 784-3598
- Graduate School (teaching & research assistants): (775) 784-6869
- Medical School (medical residents): (702) 671-2208
Inquiry Menu - Employment Inquiry Menu
Use this menu to obtain basic Human Resources information on current position including status, hire dates, W4 information, etc.
Update Office Info
On-campus contact information including office location, phone/fax numbers and Notary Status. In the drop down box labeled Mail, select the categories of campus-wide email (mailing lists) you would like to receive.
Update Emergency Contact
Not publicly available but may be a lifesaver.
Update Address Info
Home address information. Important for employee mailings including W2 and benefits information.
Alternate Address Update
For employees with more than one residence.
Update Personal Info
Update marital status and nickname.