The holiday schedule for State employees is established by the Nevada Legislature.
When January 1, July 4, November 11 or December 25 falls on a Saturday, the preceding Friday is the observed legal holiday. If these days fall on Sunday, the following Monday is the observed legal holiday.
The following are legal holidays for State employees:
- January 1: New Year's Day
- Third Monday in January: Martin Luther King Day
- Third Monday in February: Washington's Birthday
- Last Monday in May: Memorial Day
- July 4: Independence Day
- First Monday in September: Labor Day
- Last Friday in October: Nevada Day
- November 11: Veterans' Day
- Fourth Thursday in November: Thanksgiving Day
- Friday following the Fourth Thursday in November: Family Day
- December 25: Christmas Day
Future holidays for the University are available at Nevada Today.