Skip Site Navigation
Skip To Page Content

Contact Information

Residential Life, Housing and Food Service

Phone(775) 784-1113
Fax(775) 784-1149
Location Juniper Hall
1st Floor
Address RLHFS
University of Nevada/MS0060
Reno,  Nevada  89557
Contact Contact Us

XVI. Living on Campus

A. Room Assignments 

It is the hope that you and your assigned roommate will be compatible. You are expected to remain in the room and hall to which you are assigned and are encouraged to try and work differences out before requesting a room change. Room change requests will be accepted during the first two weeks of each semester. The Department of Residential Life, Housing and Food Service generally schedules one room change period per semester approximately two weeks into the term. There is a $25 processing fee for second or subsequent room changes during the academic year. The Department of Residential Life, Housing and Food Service is responsible for approving all assignments and reserves the right to reassign individuals to other rooms or residence halls when such a move is deemed necessary. 

B. Room Changes 

Information for the room change procedure will be posted in the residence halls. Room changes are dependent upon the availability of spaces. (The student initiating the change will be required to move.) If you would like to request a room change, you must:

1. Discuss the situation with your Resident/Community Assistant (RA/CA), Resident Director (RD)/Graduate Resident Director (GRD) and roommate. 

2. Obtain a Room Change Request Form from your residence hall front desk or the Residential Life, Housing and Food Service main office. 

3. Complete the Room Change Request Form.  

4. Notify your current Resident Director of the requested change and obtain his/her signature. 

5. After completing the form and obtaining all necessary signatures, bring it to the front desk of your residence hall. 

6. If your request is authorized, you will receive a copy of the Room/Status Change Authorization Form from your RA. 

7. If your request is approved, you are required to move by the designated time. Failure to do so will result in an improper checkout charge.

No students are authorized to move until they have received official written approval. It is the responsibility of each resident to inform his/her roommate(s) when a room change has been processed. Room and roommate changes made without official written approval will result in administrative action, including but not limited to, a $50 improper room check-out charge and the requirement that you move back to your original room. 


University Block N Logo

University of Nevada, Reno

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-

(775) 784-1110
Website Help
Contact Us

Accessibility Tools

Emergency Information
Emergency Alerts
Doing business with us