V. Failure to Comply
For us to be successful in developing responsible and respectful communities, we must have cooperation from residents. You may, at times, question policies or the means of implementation. If so, you should voice your dissent through proper channels, such as making an appointment with your RD/GRD or other administrative staff. Having people fail to comply with regulations or encouraging others to violate policies can lead to chaos. Providing false information may also cause unnecessary disruption and fails to meet the standard of honesty we expect. The following actions will result in disciplinary action:
- Failure to comply with the directions of a university official, including a residence or dining hall staff member acting in an official capacity. This includes the failure to complete a sanction assigned in response to a policy violation.
- Providing or being in possession of false identification or providing false information to a university official. False ID's will be confiscated and may be referred for appropriate follow-up by police or student conduct.
- Active or passive participation in a violation, aiding or encouraging others to violate hall policies, remaining present while policy violations are occurring, or failure to report a violation by others when having direct knowledge of that violation.
- Failure to produce an official ID card upon request of any staff member.
- Providing false, deceptive or distorted information.
- Failure to establish and abide by reasonable roommate/suitemate agreements.
- Failure to evacuate the building during an activated fire alarm. Remaining in the building during an alarm places not only the individual at risk, but will result in disciplinary action.