XI. Computing and Network Resources
The University Help Desk located in Getchell Library provides resources and services for your computing needs including email accounts, virus protection, and computer assistance. A computer lab is available for resident use in Argenta Hall. High-speed Ethernet connections are available for resident use. In addition to agreeing to abide by the Nevada System of Higher Education Computing Resources Policy, The University of Nevada Computing and Network Use Agreement, and all Residential Life, Housing and Food Service policies, a user of University of Nevada, Reno Computing and Networking Resources, including residence hall computer labs and Ethernet connections agrees not to:
- Willfully destroy, damage, tamper, alter, steal, OR misappropriate equipment.
- Gain or attempt to gain access to accounts without proper authorization.
- Use any authorized account for work other than their own and to keep their password confidential. In addition, agrees to report the use of their account by others to the RLHFS, UNR, or NSHE system administrator.
- Send offensive mail or access offensive material; change, remove or destroy any data stored electronically without proper authorization; corrupt data on any system through the use of viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other techniques.
- Violate license or copyright agreements or use without permission any system, program or .le of the University System (NSHE). This includes copyrighted material such as music, movies or other material covered by the UNR Peer-To-Peer File Sharing Policy. This policy is available through the university's IT department.
- Gain or attempt to gain access to computer labs. In addition agrees not to provide access to unauthorized persons.
- Bring food, beverages, or unauthorized guests into any of the residence hall computer labs.
- It is the resident's responsibility to ensure that their computer and other sensitive electronic devices are adequately protected from electrical surges or power fluctuations. (Please see section IX. F.).
Note: Violations or misuse may result in the revoking of all computer and network access privileges and residence hall and/or university disciplinary or administrative action.