Apply for Housing
Here's the Process
These are the necessary steps you must complete in order to receive a housing assignment. If you have not completed these steps by the dates provided you will not receive a housing assignment.
Step 1: Apply to the university to receive your NSHE student identification number.
Important: If you do not accept admission to the university by June 15th, you will not be accepted or allowed to enroll in coursework. Please contact Admissions and Records at (775) 784-4700 for further information.
Step 2: Review our living and dining options.
Step 3: Complete and submit the housing application. A $325 initial payment is required to submit the application, so you may want to have your credit card handy. If you are under 18 years of age please have your parent or guardian sign and submit the guarantor form.
What You'll Need:
- Your Student ID Number (Required)
Note: Students receive ID numbers after completing the university application process. They do not need to wait for official admission acceptance.
- Demographic information such as name, address, phone, email, etc.
- What semesters students plan on living with us
- If you plan on living in a Living-Learning Community
- Your top 5 choices of residence hall you want to live in
- If you are interested in a single room
- What meal plan you want
- Personal preference questions (are you organized, when do you go to bed, etc.)
- If you are requesting a roommate you will need his/her name and student ID number
- Emergency contact information
- A credit card for your $325 Payment
If you wish to apply for a MEAL PLAN ONLY please visit https://hmsweb.unr.edu/student/Login.asp?TargetPage=Default.asp?
In order to receive a room assignment you must:
- Submit a guarantor form (if you are under 18 at the time you submit your application)
- Accept admittance to the University of Nevada, Reno on MyNEVADA by June 15th.
- Provide verification of Meningococcal vaccination by June 15th. For more information, please visit our FAQ.
- Make the second $325 payment by June 15th.
- Enroll in 12 credits by June 15th
- The License Agreement encompasses the entire academic year or remainder thereof.
- For the best chance of receiving a housing assignment and being assigned to the hall of your choice or with a requested roommate you need to apply by May 1.
- Applications received after May 1 will be assigned to halls on a space available basis. Note: a Wait List may be started during the spring/early summer due to high demand for on campus living.
- Assignments are made for new students in the order in which their applications and initial payment are received.
- You must also complete a Living Learning Community application if you are interested in living in one of those communities.