Fall 2015 Honors Class Schedule is Now Available
Find the Honors class schedule for fall 2015 on the Honors Curriculum page. To search for Honors classes in MyNEVADA, you must search for the Honors course attribute. On the Class Search page, set Course Career to Undergraduate, then click Additional Search Criteria, and scroll down to Course Attribute. Click on the to see your choices; select GRPS. Now the Is equal to box appears, click on this new magnifying glass and select Honors. Once back to the search screen, you can click search to view all Honors courses, or narrow the search by Subject or any other criteria listed.
Schedule Your Honors Advising Appointment Online
Honors students wishing to take advantage of priority registration in any given semester must use the Honors Program's online scheduling system to set up an Honors advising appointment prior to the priority registration window opening (April 1 for fall semesters, October 1 for spring semesters). The link to the scheduling website is available on the Honors Advising page. The online scheduler is also used to RSVP for events organized by the Honors Program and the Office of Undergraduate Fellowships.
The Millenium Scholarship and Volunteerism
"Life's most urgent question is: What are you doing for others?"
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
Did you know that all Millennium Scholars are encouraged to volunteer 20 hours a year, and that HON 200B students must volunteer between 15-20 hours in fall semester? Here are a few easy ways you can learn about new volunteer opportunities that match your interests:
- Visit NV Volunteers' Volunteer Match website nevadavolunteers.volunteermatch.org
- Volunteering Resource Binder: Created by UNR students for UNR students! Find over 50 pages filled with resources on campus and in the community.
"Volunteering shows a level of involvement in the community that transcends the ordinary.
For a student with little work history, I think solid volunteer experience is almost equivalent."
-Karen Ross, Manager of Community Relations, NV Energy
Best Wishes to the Honors Class of 2014!
Congratulations to Max Alderman!
The first Marshall Scholar ever at Nevada!
The Marshall Scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships awarded to just 40 undergraduates seeking to pursue postgraduate degrees in the United Kingdom. For the first time in the scholarship's 58-year history, a University of Nevada, Reno student, Max Alderman, has been chosen as a Marshall Scholar. After graduating from the Honors Program in December, 2012, Max will use his Marshal award to pursue a master's in philosophy at the University of Warwick in Coventry. Read more about Max in the following articles from Nevada Today:
- 'Intense calm' leads to Marshall Scholarship, December 5, 2011
- Washoe Judge and Nevada student debater honored, April 25, 2011
- Nevada's 'Lady Gaga' of Debate, March 28, 2011
Judie Henderson is UNR's 2011 Truman Scholar!
University of Nevada, Reno Honors Program and first-generation student Judie Henderson was one of 60 scholars selected to receive a $30,000 Harry S. Truman Scholarship toward graduate education strictly for a career in public service. Read more about Judie's great accomplishments.
Two Honors Students Named Goldwater Scholars!
Muir Morrison and Rachel Miller, both Honors students and physics majors, were awarded the 2011 Goldwater Scholarship. Awarded to outstanding college sophomores and juniors in the fields of mathematics, science, and engineering, the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship is the premier national award for undergraduates in these areas. Anna Koster, a junior in the Honors Program and dual chemistry and music major, was awarded Honorable Mention. Congratulations to Muir, Rachel, and Anna!
Scholarship Opportunity for Honors Students Studying Abroad
Funded by USAC and the Honors Program, this scholarship is open to UNR Honors students studying at a USAC Specialty Program for a summer, semester, or full year. Scholarships up to $1000 will be awarded each semester. Please contact USAC for more information about the study abroad and scholarship opportunities available to all UNR students.
Honors students in the news:
- Students enter international genetic engineering competition
- Freshman wins 'Summer Scholars' writing prize
- University commits to encouraging service learning
- Reno Mayor Proclaims June 9th, 2010 "Matthew Polasko Day"
- Janice Cho named University of Nevada, Reno's 2010 Herz Gold Medalist
- University honors its 'Best'
- Senior Scholars honored for achievement beyond norm
- Kulenkamp named University's 2009 Herz Gold Medalist
- Class of 2013 has highest academically performing students
- Ashish Francis named 2009 Herz Gold Medalist
- Senior Scholars 2009: Different paths, notable accomplishments
- University named sponsor in National Merit Program
- Honors students make a difference at Hug High School
- Taking Honors study to a national level