The GSA Household Items Program is a volunteer group of energetic and enthusiastic graduate students. We pick up donations in the Reno area and store them in our storage units on campus. Some items that we typically have in the unit are: kitchenware, desks, couches, chairs, tables and beds. Our goal is to serve graduate students by providing free household items! We do not charge fees for any of our services. We can also help deliver large items.
Visiting Our Storage Units:
Contact email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- The GSA Storage Units are located in the UNR North Blue parking lot (see map below).
- Items are given on a first come, first served basis. Reservations of items are not allowed. If a delivery is requested, please remain with your items until they are loaded for delivery.
- Household item services are for graduate students in need. Please do not use our service to upgrade existing furniture. Students are limited to 2 usages of the program per semester, and 3 usages per year.
- The GSA household items committee reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pickup.
- Pickups will generally be on Saturday mornings for locations within a radius of 10 miles of the UNR campus.
- Please send us your name, address, phone number (in case we get lost), and a brief description of items you wish to donate. (Furniture, dishes/flatware, and small appliances are appropriate items. Please do not donate computer monitors, food, clothes, kids’ toys, pet items, large appliances, televisions, or books.)
- Pickups will begin Saturday morning and continue until we are finished. As we only have a single truck, this may take a while on busy weekends. Please be patient with us.
Thrift Stores in the Reno area:
GSA Household Items Storage Units