Mission, Vision, and Values
The University of Nevada's Fraternity and Sorority community exists to promote a unified community of integrity, character and cultural diversity.
Our foundation rests on the extended support system that we create through which our members' academic, personal, and professional successes are fostered. As a group, we strive to improve not only our individual members but also the local community as a whole. We hope that our lifelong connection will provide a positive and lasting effect on all those who come to know us.
Members of the University of Nevada Greek Community realize their personal and professional potential through their commitment to values based decision-making.
As a Fraternity and Sorority Community we strive for:
- We provide a community environment that stimulates and cultivates learning by ensuring that we hold each other accountable to high academic standards and maintain a culture of completion.
- We partner with the greater University campus in order to extend our support to those within and to those outside of our local community.
- We foster positive relationships through the encouragement of social awareness, mutual understanding, open communication, and a constant commitment to the University.
- We build these relationships not only amongst our community's collegians but also with our alumni, classmates, faculty, and University administration through mutual respect.
- We develop leadership skills in each member to better prepare them for future success through our individual and community educational initiatives, campus involvement, and networking.
- We promote self-actualization of every member so they may live up to their potential, find self-respect, and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- We provide lifelong connections between members, the University, and their respective local and national organizations and commit to lifelong support of the University.
- We build a unique campus experience defined by leadership opportunities, group athletics, social events, and memories based in community and University tradition.