- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (775) 784-6924
- Fax: (775) 784-1833
- Ph.D. 1979, University of Southern California
- B.A. 1972, Middlebury College
My research applies structural techniques to solving regional tectonic problems. It currently focuses on Late Paleozoic deformation in central Nevada, and on the Neogene evolution of the Sierra Nevada-Basin and Range transition zone. New research: interdisciplinary study of controls on species distribution in Clark Co., NV. Research funding from NSF, DOE, USGS, IGNS (New Zealand) UGS, CDMG, Washoe Co. DWR, Clark Co.
Relevant Past Experience:
- Funded by DOE and USGS on projects to reduce uncertainty in groundwater flow models for the Nevada Test Site.
- Funded by Washoe Co. Dept. of Water Resources to provide geologic control for the groundwater flow model for the Truckee Meadows. Funded by IGNS to work on an earthquake hazard study in Hawkes Bay, New Zealand.
- Coordinator, Core Curriculum, University of Nevada, Reno.
- Faculty Fellow, Excellence in Teaching Program, University of Nevada, Reno.
- Member and Chair, GSA Student Research Grants Committee.
- 2008 Honorary Doctor of Science degree from Middlebury College.