Robert Karlin, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. 1984, Oregon State University; marine geology/geophysics
- M.S. 1978, Oregon State University; marine geology
- B.S. 1970, University of Illinois, Urbana; geology
Potential Field and Seismic Reflection Techniques applied to tectonics and geothermal exploration, Paleo/rock Magnetism, 3-D Visualization, Walker Lane/Lake Tahoe Tectonics, Paleoclimate/ Paleoceanography and Paleoseismology in Puget Sound, Lake Tahoe, and Gulf of California, Sediment and Magnetic Mineral Diagenesis
Relevant Past Experience:
- Technical Program Chair, Geol. Soc. America, Annual Meeting, Reno, NV 2000
- Member, Geol. Soc. Amer. Annual Program Committee, 1998-2001
- Technical Program Chair, SAGEEP Annual Meeting, Reno, NV, 1997
- P. I. and Administrator, W. M. Keck Instrumentation grant to the Mackay School of Mines, $0.75M, 1995, and $2.2M, 1998.