The Department offers courses leading to a bachelor of science (B.S.) degree or a bachelor of arts (B.A.) degree.
The geography student completes a core and then consults a departmental advisor to develop an area of concentration suited to individual needs and interests.
Study specializations include:
- physical geography (including environmental impact analysis)
- cultural and international studies
- urban and regional planning (including the analysis and management of growth)
- cartography and computer mapping
- geographic information systems (GIS) and climatology
- the geography of water resources
Students majoring in another field may minor in geography by completing an 18 credit curriculum.