Power Outages (Week of Dec. 3)
The University has experienced a continuing problem with the 65-year-old “south loop” power distribution system for several months which resulted in six unscheduled outages since February. Read the latest information on the power outages.
In cases of inclement weather or other emergencies that would necessitate a campus closure, call the main University line and press 4 for recorded information. This message is updated as needed.
For the Media
Contact Media Relations, (775) 784-4611 or visit the Online News Room
Contact Information & Useful Phone Numbers
- University Police: 911 - Emergency
o Dispatch (Non-Emergency): (775) 334-COPS (2677)
o Main Office (Mon.-Fri.8 a.m.-5 p.m.): (775) 784-4013
o Duty Officer (24-hour) (775) 745-6195
- Reno Police Department: Non-Emergency Dispatch: (775) 334-2121
- Sparks Police: Non-Emergency Dispatch: (775) 353-2231
Medical Emergencies & Personal Injury
- Campus Escort Service: (775) 742-6808
Provides transportation within 2 mile radius of campus, to residence halls and parking lots via van or shuttle.
- Crisis Call Center: (775) 784-8090 or (800) 992-5757
Crisis situations including sexual assault
Spills and Other Environmental Hazards
Facility, Power & Electrical Emergencies
- Facilities Services: (775) 784-8020
Broken pipes, hazards, etc. Staff on-call evenings and weekends
Network, Computer & Phone Emergencies