To participate in recruitment:
- Complete the recruitment form.
- Contact the fraternity or sorority you are interested in through the contact list on this website or via information located in the chapter section to reach a chapter officer.
- Attend as many recruitment events as you can.
- Ask questions about the process, financial obligations, the time required, community service, athletics, academics, benefits, etc.
- Choose the chapter that fits you and what you are looking for in a fraternity or sorority.
- Sign an invitation to membership with the chapter and the Multicultural Greek Council.
- Find out the time and location of the first meeting for new members of the chapter you have chosen to associate with.
Multicultural Fraternity and Sorority Recruitment
Our culturally based fraternities and sororities conduct recruitment throughout the year. Each group posts and maintains their own schedule of events, which are often listed on chapter websites and other locations on campus.
Multicultural Greek Council (MGC)
The Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) is the governing body and policy-making organization for the University of Nevada, Reno multicultural Greek community. Established in 2007, the Multicultural Greek Council was formed in order to launch a more diverse, cooperative existence between fraternities and sororities, better meet their individual and joint needs, and voice their concerns while maintaining good faith with the University. MGC meets on Mondays at 6:15pm in the Joe Crowley Student Union, Room 320 throughout the academic year to discuss pertinent issues in the community.