Nu Alpha Kappa
Nu Alpha Kappa (ΝΑΚ) is a Latino-based fraternity that encompasses and values all cultures.
Often referred to as "NAK", Nu Alpha Kappa was founded on February 26, 1988 on the campus of California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo with 24 established chapters across California, Colorado, and Nevada. Nu Alpha Kappa was a founding member of the National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations (NALFO). NAK is currently a member of the North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC).
- Founding at Nevada: April 17, 2004 by 9 Founding Fathers
- Founding Principles: Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity, an organization formed on a commitment to "Carnalismo" or Brotherhood, the search for knowledge, and the retention and promotion of culture.
- Chapter Strengths: "We, NU ALPHA KAPPA, seek to unite and involve all students in a more harmonious and brotherly atmosphere through academic, social and cultural means. There is a need to interface the various backgrounds that constitute the student body of our university, in order to improve relations amongst all students and the community."
- New Member Dues: $100
- Active Member Dues: $200 per year
- Length of Pledge Period: 8-12 weeks
- Scholarships available:
- The Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity RISE (Remember, Inspire, Soar and Educate) Above Scholarship is awarded to 2 high school seniors at $500 each for the fall semester of every academic year. This is a one-time scholarship and good for fall semester only. The award is based on the student's community and leadership involvement, personal background, and need. Prospective applicants must exemplify the ability to have risen above life's challenges and the desire to ascend further in their future. This scholarship is available for those who do not qualify for financial aid as well.
- National Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity Scholarship, Awarded to Brothers Only.