Nevada First in the Pack Program
Nevada First in the Pack is a program designed to help first-generation college students succeed in obtaining a college degree. First-generation students are students in families where neither parent has graduated from a 4-year college or university.
Being a first-generation scholar is a unique and proud accomplishment. The University of Nevada, Reno wants to be part of the journey. Become immersed in the college experience by involving yourself with other students from similar backgrounds. The First in the Pack program is open to incoming first-time, full-time freshmen.
- Peer mentor support
- Expanded fall orientation
- Help managing your academic life
- Career exploration
- Assistance navigating campus resources
- Support in transitioning to college
- Help managing time and money
- FAFSA assistance and scholarships
- Assistance in solving college problems
- Academic progress reports to identify needs
- Major exploration
- Exclusive access to college workshops
- ACE 100 course exclusive to First in the Pack Students
As a participant in the Nevada First in the Pack program, you will receive all these services at no cost to you! If you would like to participate in our program, please fill out the online application.
For questions, please contact:
Desirae Acosta, Graduate Assistant
Thompson Building, Suite 200G, MS 0075
Reno, NV 89557
(p)775.682.8944; (f) 775.784.1353