skip to main content

Study Abroad & Financial Aid

If you are enrolled in a degree-seeking program at the University of Nevada, Reno and plan to participate in the University Study Abroad Consortium (USAC) during the academic year, you may apply for financial aid and be considered for all aid programs except Work-Study.

You will need to submit a Budget Revision Request along with a copy of the cost sheet from USAC. The increased budget may permit you to borrow additional loan funds for the mandatory program costs. These extra expenses are not considered for additional grant aid.

Before you leave to go abroad, you should consider designating someone here in the U.S. with a limited Power of Attorney Form. Power of Attorney gives legal rights to the designated person to sign documents on your behalf. The person you choose should be someone you trust explicitly, such as an immediate family member. Friends or boyfriends/girlfriends are not recommended. The form must be notarized and presented to the office by the designee whenever he/she contacts the office on your behalf. The Power of Attorney cannot be used to sign a Perkins, Garvey-Rhodes, or Blundell Loan promissory note.

You should also consider Direct Deposit with the Cashier’s Office, which allows any refund from your student account to be deposited into your bank account.

Take the next step...