Here's how you qualify:
- Admitted to the University
- Nevada resident
- Full–time student
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) submitted by March 1st
- Pell Grant recipient
- Good academic standing
Eligible students will receive gift aid that will cover tuition, fees and books up to $3000 per Fall and Spring semester for all four years as long as you maintain Pell eligibility and make satisfactory academic progress. The Pack Advantage is a combination of awards. Gift aid includes but is not limited to grants, scholarships and tuition/fee waivers.
Here's what to do:
- As an entering freshman or transfer student, be sure you have been admitted to the institution by February 1st.
- Complete the FAFSA on-line by March 1st each year and select the University of Nevada, Reno to receive your information (school code: 002568).
- First time FAFSA filers and their parents will need a PIN number. Go to www.pin.ed.gov to request your pin.
- The paper version of the FAFSA is available by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID.
- Check your MyNEVADA account to be sure you have a completed financial aid file.
- When in doubt contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.