Here's how you qualify:
- Admitted to the University
- Nevada resident
- Full–time student
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) submitted to the University of Nevada, Reno by March 1st
- Pell Grant recipient
- Good academic standing
- Maintain financial aid satisfactory academic progress
Eligible students will receive gift aid that will cover registration and mandatory fees and books for 15 credits each Fall and Spring semester for four years as long as you maintain Pell eligibility and make satisfactory academic progress. The Pack Advantage is funded in late summer through a combination of all gift aid awards. Gift aid includes but is not limited to grants, scholarships and tuition/fee waivers.
Here's what to do:
- As an entering freshman or transfer student, be sure you have been admitted to the institution by February 1st.
- Complete the FAFSA on-line by March 1st each year and select the University of Nevada, Reno to receive your information (school code: 002568).
- Check your MyNEVADA account to be sure you have a completed financial aid file.
- When in doubt contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.