E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center
The E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center will be a vibrant hub of campus fitness and recreation, offering a gymnasium with three courts for intramural basketball and other court sports, areas for weightlifting, cardio training and a multitude of fitness classes and activities. Additionally, there will be an indoor, 1/8th mile running track and stadium stairs for training. Finally, there will be lockers and changing rooms and administrative office spaces. The E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center will be available to students, faculty and staff.
Statistics & Specifications
- Square Footage: 108,000
- Environmentally sensitive construction will be to LEED Silver equivalency
- Estimated Cost: $47.5M
- Funding Source: Private donations and student fees and bonds.
- Construction Start Date: June 2015
- Estimated Substantial Completion: Early 2017
- Parking and Pedestrian Circulation Plan
- Construction Time Lapse Camera - Pending
University Project Manager: John Walsh (775) 682-7190
Architect: Worth Group Architects & Designers
CMAR (Construction Manager at Risk): Q & D Construction