Summer School for Outstanding Postgraduate and Senior Undergraduate Students
The Summer School seeks to provide outstanding postgraduate and senior undergraduate students from leading universities around the world in disciplines related to construction and environment an opportunity to be exposed to cutting-edge research and to check out PolyU's Faculty of Construction and Environment (FCE) and Research Institute for Sustainable Urban Development (RISUD) as possible destinations for future research and studies.
The summer program offer seminars on research frontiers in construction and environment plus other activities (e.g. laboratory and site visits, gatherings, etc.) that will be organized by the FCE and RISUD. The seminars will be delivered in English.
Students who are interested in furthering their studies in disciplines related to construction and environment at PolyU can also take advantage of this opportunity to explore potential research topics at PolyU.
Faculty of Construction and Environment (FCE)
The FCE is composed of four departments:
- The Department of Building and Real Estate
- The Department of Building Services Engineering
- The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- The Department of Land Surveying and Geo-Informatics
The Faculty of Construction and Environment (FCE) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is the major and the largest contributor in Hong Kong to university-based research in disciplines related to construction and environment. Its world-class research programs have earned it a high reputation in both the international scientific community and the industrial sector.
The Faculty is home to over 120 academic staff members at Lecturer and above levels whose expertise spans a wide range of areas related to the construction industry. It also houses 8 research centers, with a population of about 275 research postgraduate students (including about 248 Ph.D. students) and about 165 research staff. It offers a vibrant environment for cutting-edge research in disciplines related to construction and environment, with a strong emphasis on challenges created by high-density cities.
Research Institute for Sustainable Urban Development (RISUD)
The Research Institute for Sustainable Urban Development (RISUD) was established by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) in January 2012 to develop innovative solutions for sustainable high-density cities by capitalizing on the living laboratory of Hong Kong's urban environment and the multidisciplinary expertise of PolyU.
RISUD includes 27 research groups which are organized into five divisions. The 27 research groups of RISUD are each led by a senior researcher who is an internationally recognized scholar in the area. The Institute is committed to multi-disciplinary collaborations to address major urban development and environmental issues.
Who can apply
- Full-time postgraduate students pursuing a master's degree
- Bachelor's degree holder's who graduated the semester before the Summer School
- Undergraduate students who have completed at least three years of a bachelor's degree program at the time of the Summer School
- Applicants should have a strong interest in a research/academic career, excellent communication skills as well as good leadership potential
- Successful applicants are expected to be within the top 10 percent of students from leading universities
Please email email@example.com or fax 852-2362 2574 or telephone 852-3400 3894