Skip Site Navigation
Skip To Page Content

How to Apply


  • Fall exchange: July 1
  • Spring exchanges: January 1
  • Summer exchanges: April 1



Congratulations on your selection as a participant in a College of Engineering exchange program. The following steps should be completed to ensure your exchange program goes smoothly.

Complete instructions for the application process, including forms and an application checklist, are available by downloading the OISS Information Packet.

Please keep a copy of all documents submitted for your personal records.

Step 1: Apply to the Partner Institution

Fill out and submit all documents required by the school you plan to attend. You can find application information and program details on the pages for each exchange program.

Step 2: Purchase CISI Insurance

The University of Nevada, Reno requires all students traveling overseas on international exchange programs to purchase a comprehensive insurance plan from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI), which includes a security evacuation rider.

To purchase this plan, please visit CISI's website. Make sure to print or save a confirmation of your purchase, because you will be required to submit it to the Office of International Students & Scholars at 120 Fitzgerald Student Services Building.

Step 3: Complete the "Notification of U.S. Students Selected for International Exchange" form

Submit this form to Rebecca Earl at OISS (775) 327-5845 to be enrolled in the International Exchange Program course at the University, which is listed as 0 credits but charges the equivalent of 12 University credits for fall or spring semester and six credits for summer session.

Step 4: Complete the Student Financial Aid & Scholarships form

If you receive financial aid, complete this form to ensure that all requirements are met to maintain your aid or scholarships. Submit this form to Susie Askew at OISS.

Questions about your financial aid? Contact Anita Daphnis at the Student Financial Aid and Scholarships Office or call (775) 784-4666.

Step 5: Complete the Pre-Study Advising Form

Work with the College of Engineering Advising Center to determine which classes to enroll in at your host university. Keep a copy of this form and submit the original to OISS.

Step 6: Ensure courses taken abroad are transferable

Go to Academic Central Forms Page and complete the Request for Major/College Substitution/AR exception and/or the Request for Core Substitution/AR exception form(s).  Contact the Engineering Advising Center with questions about these forms.

Step 7: Complete The Nevada Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement and the Health and Safety form.

Download the waiver forms and return the completed documents to Indira Chatterjee in SEM 132.

Step 8: Optional: Attend a University Studies Abroad Consortium, or USAC, orientation.

Contact USAC at (775) 784-6569 or for dates and times.

University Block N Logo

University of Nevada, Reno

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-

(775) 784-1110
Website Help
Contact Us

Accessibility Tools

Emergency Information
Emergency Alerts
Doing business with us