- More Info: Visit the general course catalog
Mechanical engineering is a broad field that can include everything from aerospace engineering to fluid mechanics to biomedical applications. Mechanical engineers may work with nanoscale materials invisible to all but the most powerful microscopes or they may be involved in engineering massive airplanes or rockets. What mechanical engineers have in common is a focus on engineering moving systems, including manufacturing tools, engines and machines.
Mechanical engineers need a strong background in math and science, creativity and problem-solving skills, and a strong desire to understand how things work. With this skill set, mechanical engineers are able to find work in a wide range of engineering subdisciplines or collaborate and consult in fields such as business, law and marketing.
Related Degrees and Programs
- Mechanical Engineering, Minor
- Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor of Science Degree
- Mechanical Engineering, Master of Science Degree
- Mechanical Engineering, Doctor of Philosophy Degree
Contact Mechanical Engineering
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557