During an Earthquake
- Stay in the building. Do not evacuate.
- Duck, cover, and hold – Take shelter under a desk, table, in a doorway or similar place.
- Stay away from overhead fixtures, windows, filing cabinets, and bookcases.
- If you are outside, move away from buildings, trees, power lines and roadways.
After an Earthquake
- Quickly gather your keys, wallets, purses, etc. and evacuate the building following Building Evacuation Procedures.
- Go to the Designated Assembly Area and wait for instructions from emergency personnel.
- Report any injured or trapped persons and safety hazards: fire, electrical, gas leaks, etc.
- Do not leave the Designated Assembly Area or re-enter the building until directed by an authorized person.
- Avoid using telephones except for emergencies.