University Alert - Mac
The instructions below use OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) for the examples, however the process should be the same for other versions of the operating system.
Manually Install the Application
Most Apple Macs on campus will need to manually install the University Alert application.
Click on the "University Alert" link below to download the University Alert application: "university alert.dmg".
- Find the downloaded file and click on it to start the installation process.
- Click and drag the blue University Shield icon to the Applications folder.
- It may not seem like anything happens. However, after about 5 seconds, the University Alert program will appear in your Applications folder.
- Double-click on the application to launch it. The blue shield icon will appear in your Dock.
- When you first launch the application, a warning will appear asking if you are sure you want to launch this program. Click on Open.
- A green check mark should appear on the blue shield icon to inform you that it is successfully communicating with the University Alert server.
- To be kept completely secure, it is important that this program launches whenever you access the computer. On the icon in the Dock, press and hold your mouse until a menu appears.
- Under Options select Open at Login.
After rebooting your computer you will have successfully downloaded and installed the University Alert application. If you have any technical issues, please contact IT Support.