The first year of college is confusing! The following are links that you may find useful. Let us know if there are others we should add, email email@example.com.
- UNEA Student Association
The University of Nevada Education Student Association is an organization for all UNR students, with particular relevance for majors and pre-majors in education. The UNEA organizes professional and social events for its members. Meetings are held regularly. More information can be found in the Learning and Resource Center in room 1021 of the Raggio Building.
- Freshman Start
Freshman Start is a program for incoming freshmen who need to take MATH 096, ENG 098 and/or ENG 100 or need help with placement in required English and Math courses.
- University Core Curriculum
All University students take the Core Curriculum. The courses in the Core provide you with a broad based and well-rounded education. The link takes you to detailed information about the Core and the required courses in each area.
- New Student FAQ's
Have questions? Check out the list of questions about the College of Education that are frequently asked by new and prospective students.
College Success Links
The University of Nevada, Reno provides a variety of services to enhance your academic experience. Research indicates that students who are involved in their learning on a broader level than "just" academics are successful in their learning and graduate at a higher rate than those who are not involved. The links on this page will direct you to services and University programs that enhance academic learning as well as provide an opportunity to become involved in the campus community at a deeper level. We hope you take the opportunity to explore these options.
- University Libraries/Knowledge Center
- Academic Advisement/Advising Center
- Academic Support Services/Tutoring
- Grade Point Average Calculator
- How to Graduate in 4 Years
- Information Technology for the University (775) 784-4320 x1, email:firstname.lastname@example.org, Getchell Library , North West corner of the main floor.
- Learning & Resource Center ( 775) 784-4971, COE William Raggio Building , room 1021.
- Low Income and First Generation Academic Support
- Math Center - tutoring (775) 784-4433, Anasari Business Building room 639.
- McNair Scholars Program
- Self-Help Checklist - Pre-Advisement Form
- Writing Center
- Time Management Worksheet (PDF)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-(800) 273-8255
Hope Line Network - 1-800-784-2433
University after hours crisis cell phone - (775) 297-8315
- Counseling & Testing Center (775) 784-4648, Thompson Bldg, Suite 200.
- Crisis Call Center (775) 784-8090, 1-(800) 992-5757
- Sexual Assault Prevention & Counseling (775) 784-8090
- Campus Escort Services (775) 742-6808.
- Campus Police (775) 334-2121. First Floor of the Fitzgerald Student Services Building.
Student Support Programs
- Center for Student Cultural Diversity (775) 784-4936, Juniper Hall, room 144.
- Disability Resource Center (775) 784-6000, TTY: 327-5131, Thompson Bldg, Suite 101.
- International Students and Scholars (775) 784-6874, Student Services Bldg.
- TRIO Scholars / McNair Program (775) 784-6044, Thompson Building, Suite 101.
- Child and Family Research Center Main Center (775) 784-6762.
- Veteran Services - (775) 784-4700 option 5. Second Floor of the Fitzgerald Student Services Building.
Health and Wellness
- Campus Recreation and Wellness (775) 784-1225, Lombardi Recreational Center.
- Student Health Center (775) 784-6598, Redfield Building.
- University of Nevada, Pharmacy—Open Monday through Friday 8 to 5:30 - (775) 784-6799, Nell J. Redfield Bldg.